The Benefits of Upgrading to Energy-efficient Lighting
- Building owners can reduce cost and improve their competitiveness/profitability through lighting upgrades.
- Lighting upgrades will create new demand for higher-end products and large capital investment projects.
- Based on estimates from the Department of Energy, lighting represents 40% of the electrical consumption in commercial buildings, equal to HVAC but higher than all other equipment combined.
- Lighting is characterized as the easiest upgrade to an electrical system with paybacks generating a 45% ROI within 2.2 years.
- The Commercial Building Tax Deduction is just that—a direct dollar-for-dollar reduction in taxes paid to the government the year the system is put in place.